One of the most important documents you must own (especially if you want to travel outside the country) as a Ghanaian is a Ghana passport.
The document allows you to travel freely to other countries under the protection of the Ghana government.
Aside from the protection, its primary function is to set as an identification tool and proof of your Ghanaian citizenship.
Unlike a birth certificate which is usually issued at birth, the Ghana passport has an entirely different process you have to go through to acquire. Below are detailed steps which can help you acquire Ghana passport.
- Visit https://passport.mfa.gov.gh/ to create a new user account.
- Login with your Username and Password.
- Click on Start New Application.
- Make Payment for processing fee.
- Choose a bank, then choose an application type
(standard or expedited), choose payment channel to make payment.
b. After a successful payment of the processing fee, the form is issued into your account to continue with your passport application. This form can be found at “My Applications”.
c. Note that payment made are irreversible.
d. Please note that manual (PDF) forms processing fee voucher codes are NOT TO BE USED here.
- Choose a bank, then choose an application type (standard or expedited), choose payment channel to make payment.
- Complete all details on the form.
- Sign the Declaration Form.
- Book a date you will like to go to the Passport Application Center (PAC) for the verification of your documents and to take your biometric details (i.e. photograph and fingerprints).
- Present yourself on the appointment date at the Passport Application Center for verification of your documents and to capture biometric details.
- After your appointment, the PAC will indicate to you when your passport will be ready for collection.
- Go to the Passport Application Center (PAC) on the date indicated to you to collect your passport. The Premium PAC has the option for courier delivery