For some time after the outbreak of the world pandemic COVID-19, Ghanaians are calling on Africa’s hope, Apostle Dr. Kwadwo Safo Kantanka to provide a vaccine that can cure the disease.
This as a result have left various questions on the minds of Ghanians as to why the Government isn’t calling upon Kantanka to seek his knowledge on the virus and how he can help.
Coupled with various reasons behind the beliefs of Ghanaians for the “Star of Africa” are underlined in simply the three reasons below.
- Apostle Safo Kantanka and his team at Gomoa Odemo in the Central Region, has invented an organic fertiliser, a pesticide and a weedicide with Tilapia waste, Salt and Herbs which are not harmful to both humans and animals.
- In the animal husbandry, Kantanka administered a group of rabbits with natural plant extract through infusion which resulted in the doe (female rabbit) given birth to 15 kittens a compared to the normal reproduction ratio.
- During the 2018/2019 farming season, Ghana witnessed one of the country’s worst outbreak of fall army worms which ravaged some of the fields in some parts of the country, causing further damage while late delivery of subsidized farming inputs to smallholder farmers also had a negative effect. As if that was not enough, fall army worms have been reported in different parts of the country. According to the reports, about 83,000 farmers in the southern part of the country were been hit by the outbreak of fall army worms which destroyed about 74,000 hectares of maize fields. It was then that Apostle Kwadwo Safo patented his Kantanka organic pesticide which was used on his farm at Odembo in the central region to curb the invasion of the fall army worm in Ghana.
As early as 1987, after series of successful research into herbal medicine, the Star of Africa established the Great KOSA Clinic to cater for the health needs of the society.
The clinic uses African healing methods and traditions to cure diseases whiles they perform this duties in a modern environment.
The Great KOSA clinic was and continuous to be famous for its success in treating chronic diseases which had stayed with some patients for years.
The Clinic has been referred to as “Last Stop” by most people especially patients who finally got treated at the clinic for diseases they thought were not curable.
After establishing the clinic, the Star of Africa focused on researching deeper into natural plant medicine. Apostle Dr. Safo’s visions in this area were to:
1. Change the face of herbal medicine to make it more attractive and acceptable in the country and continent
2. Introduce the infusions and injectable as forms of administration of herbal preparations.
Apostle Dr. Kwadwo Safo Kantanka is determined to carry out deeper research into herbal medicine since this would make him achieve the vision he had in the 1980’s. He therefore established the Plant Medicine department as part of Apostle Safo Suaye Technological Centre in 2005.
The department has in stock herbal medicine efficient in the treatment of diseases like Hepatitis, Cancer, Malaria, Cough, Typhoid Fever, Hernia, Ulcer, Joint Pains, Rheumatism, Convulsions, Diabetes, High Blood Pressure (Hypertension), Low Blood Pressure ( Hypotension), Infertility, Asthma, Tuberculosis, Anaemia, Influenza, Migraine, Onchocerciasis, Malfunctioning Kidneys, Lung Diseases, Fibroid, Piles, Baldness, General Body Weakness, Jaundice, etc.
Although the treatments to some of these diseases were developed by Apostle Dr. Safo even before the 1980’s, the department has developed other forms of processing and packaging of these herbal medicines. These includes various drug administration forms such Pills, Syrups, Injectables, Infusions, Tea Bags Etc.